Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Unflattering Eye Makeup at the Met Ball

The theme of this year's Met Ball was punk, and nothing says punk like a smoky eye, but I thought some of the ladies looked ridiculous. What is the point of going with the theme if it is unflattering? I  think I would rather ditch the theme if it meant I would look my best.


This is not flattering eye makeup on anyone, and it's such a shame because Ginnifer such a pretty girl. I loved her dress, but the eyes just ruined the whole look for me.


Everything works here except for the eyes. I think if she avoided the black in the inner corners, it would have worked. 


I am loving this more subtle red smoky eye from Kristen Stewart. Still punk, but incredibly flattering.

So I want to know what you think! Is it better to go all out with a theme, even if it's unflattering or would you rather deviate from the theme a bit in order to look your best?




All images via The Daily Mail

1 comment:

  1. Ginnifer's makeup was directly inspired by none other than punk queen Siouxsie Sioux. Goodwin’s makeup artist Mai Quynh tells THR that she was inspired specifically by Siouxsie Sioux of Siouxie and the Banshees and the singer’s angular eyebrows and heavily lined lids.
    “Ginny wanted to play up her eyes and make them the main focus by keeping them edgy while staying with the punk theme.” Says Quynh, who used all Laura Mercier makeup on Goodwin’s face.

    ReplyDelete