Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Brimfield Antique Show


The famous Brimfield Antique Show is going on now through Sunday. For those of you who aren't familiar, The Brimfield Antique Show takes place three times per year, in May, July and September in Brimfield, MA, and is the largest antique show in New England with more than 5,000 dealers.


For a interior design and antique junkie, Brimfield is a mecca. There is truly something for everyone here including all kinds of furniture, art, jewelry, silver and every nick knack you could possibly imagine. With more than 20 fields of dealers displaying their wares, it's almost overwhelming.


My sisters and I are heading to the show this Saturday and I can't wait! I have been wanting to start a collection of antique silver flatware and I think this is the perfect place to get me started. Brimfield is about an hour's drive from Boston, so we will head out early on Saturday morning to try and avoid the crazy show traffic.

When heading to any outdoor flea market or antique show there are a few things to remember to make the experience as enjoyable as possible:

Bring Cash
Wear Comfortable Shoes
Stay Hydrated
Wear Sunblock
Be Strategic in Where You Browse (It's impossible to see it all)
Travel Light 
Take a Car with Extra Storage


I am bringing my camera with me so I can document my show experience. I will be sure to have a full report on all the happenings on Monday.




1/2/3/4



No comments:

Post a Comment