Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Weekend Trip to The Brimfield Antique Show

I headed to the Brimfield Antique Show for the first time on Saturday and it was unlike anything I had ever seen before! There was so much too see, it was almost overwhelming. I made the trip with my sisters and my sister-in-law (who is an avid antique collector) and we made it to seven of the different fields to check out the various wares.




With so many dealers and items for sale, the key is being able to distinguish the good stuff from the crap, although we had a great time looking at all the funny, silly stuff.








In addition to the great antiques, there was quite a selection of food stands including BBQ, fried fish, hot dogs, gyros, fried chicken, clam chowder and everything that you would hope to find at a carnival or country fair.





I was on the lookout for some silver flatware pieces, but most of what I found was a lot of silver and gold plated. Oh Well. I ended up picking up a couple of Waterford crystal dishes for my vanity, as well as a very pretty cut glass vase that I plan to double as a large candle holder.




Did anyone else check out the Brimfield Antique Show this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment