Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring Desserts

Now that spring is finally here, I find myself gravitating away from my usual dessert recipe choices like rich cakes and chocolate tarts. Don't get me wrong, I love all things rich and chocolate, but when the weather warms up and berry season starts, it's hard not to crave something a bit lighter.

 All I seem to want when I crave something sweet is fruit with ice cream or home made whipped cream. Is anyone else feeling this way? 

I also noticed that on Pinterest, I am seeing much lighter desserts as well. A lot more fruit and a lot less cake. I guess I'm not the only one switching to more seasonal dessert options.

I hope to make all of these recipes by the end of the spring season, but first up will be the lemon ice box pie, because my Dad is a huge fan of lemon and he is perfect to test the recipe out on.









*Note: OK, so this recipe from Martha Stewart only had one review and it was 2 stars. They didn't include any comments, which is a bummer because I want to know why they rated it so low. The thing is, the recipe seems pretty basic and their isn't much too it. Part of me thinks "How can you mess this up, it's so simple" and the part of me thinks "Maybe this recipe has no flavor." I guess we'll have to test it out and see! I will report back with the results. 


No comments:

Post a Comment