Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dressed Down Chic for the the Weekend


I've been going back and forth about what I can wear on the weekends while running my errands that is comfortable, but still attractive looking. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but I see women at the grocery store on Sunday morning that look like they wore their pajama's to run errands. And I'm not talking about the pretty silk pajama's from Stella McCartney. They literally look like they rolled out of bed.

So the issue is, how can you run errands on the weekends, without getting all dressed up, but still look put together? I admit, that I am a huge fan of leggings, but I don't consider them pants. I need the top to cover my bum if I am going to go out in a public place that isn't the gym. I don't have a lot of tunic-like tops that go a bit longer, but I think I have to invest in some for the spring and summer. Black leggings, colorful tunic and a pair of cute flats. What do you think?



Another option is to wear the leggings with a light spring jacket on top, so no one knows that you have just leggings underneath. All the credit for this fabulous idea belongs to Carly at College Prep. She did a great post on wearing leggings as pants and she mentioned that while running errands, she just would wear simple leggings and a t-shirt and just throw her long coat on top and no one was the wiser. Very smart!

Another hurdle to weekend errand wear is the lack of makeup. I wear a face of makeup 6 days a week but I like to let my face breath at least one day a week, so Sunday's is a makeup free day if I am just running errands around town and hanging around the house. I admit I hate being seen without makeup on, so I decided to take a page from Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and just throw on a pair of dark, oversized sunglasses. Does anyone else do this? Also, do you still wear them when you walk in the store. I prefer to, but I always worry people will think this is strange. 


Does anyone else dress down on the weekends? If so, what do you wear running your errands? I would love some more ideas for cute but casual looks!


1/2/3/4

No comments:

Post a Comment