Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Home Made Junk Food

Remember when you were a little kid and every now and again your Mom would let you have something really bad for you, like a Twinkie or a Hostess cupcake? When I see those items on the shelves at the grocery store I cringe! They are so laden with chemicals and preservatives. 

Now, I love baked goods, and I have no problem with the sugar, flour and chocolate - it's all the added crap in the factory-made stuff that I have an issue with. So when I noticed recipes popping up on Pinterest that were home made versions of things like Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies and Ring Dings, I was super excited. It's a great way to enjoy the childhood treats that we remember without all the preservatives and chemicals that we should avoid. If anyone else has recipes like this, please share!

These are the ones I would like to try for my next party:










No comments:

Post a Comment