Monday, April 8, 2013

Lilly Pulitzer: A Tribute to an Icon


The iconic fashion designer Lilly Pulitzer Rousseau passed away yesterday at her home in Palm Beach at the age of 81.  As the women who brought the classic and colorful Palm Beach style to the entire world, I believe a tribute is in order. 




I have not always been a big fan of prints, but Lilly Pulitzer changed my mind. Her beautiful pink & green combo sold me and it is still one of my favorite looks for summer. I have also been a long time fan of her classic dresses sundresses. Dressed up with heels or down with a pair of Jack's, a Lilly dress can go anywhere in the summer time.

These classic summer looks never go out of style 





If you want to learn more about Lilly Pulitzer and the Lilly lifestyle, I highly recommend these books.

Lilly: Palm Beach, Tropical Glamour, and the Birth of a Fashion Legend



Essentially Lilly: A Guide to Colorful Holidays



1/2/3

No comments:

Post a Comment