Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Beauty of Gracie Wallpaper

Question! When did white and beige paint suddenly become the "best" option for houses and apartments? More and more I find myself walking into people's homes and getting hit with a big wall of boring, literally! There is not a color or a pattern to be found anywhere. Even the old homes are getting boring. 



A man I know recently went on a tour of Victorian homes in an lovely Boston suburb and he commented to me afterwards that he was so disappointed with how bland the interiors of the homes were because of the lack of wall color or design. If the Victorian homes are failing us on the wall front, what hope do we have with those pre-fab McMansions?

Luckily, I have found the answer to the boring wall problem, at least for me anyway. Gracie Studio is a family-run New York design company that has been in business since 1898 and they specialize in beautiful hand painted wallpaper as wall a great lacquered furniture and antiques. I came across the company when a fellow blogger, Kimberly Schlegel Whitman, featured them in one of her posts. Thank you Kimberly, because it was love at first sight! Beautiful, right?


It's beautiful designs like this that make me want to makeover every boring white wall I see. The wallpaper looks even better when it's shown in a completely furnished room. 

Tory Burch's Manhattan Apartment

An Added Touch of Whimsy to a Dining Room

Pretty Blue Bedroom 

Powder Room

Aren't these rooms so much prettier than the ones surrounded by beige and white walls?

No comments:

Post a Comment