Friday, August 2, 2013

Room of the Week: Entertaining Space by Kathryn Ireland

Living Room by Kathryn Ireland

Image from Kathryn Ireland's book Timeless Interiors

What caught my eye is that this room is a combined living room and dining room space, which I don't usually go for, but love with this room. The open layout is perfect for entertaining because there is plenty of space to mingle before and after dinner and no one has to be herded from room to room.

The fact that the dining table is elevated up just a few steps separates the room into two different areas without breaking up the open floor plan. As a side note, I also want to call out the fabulous exposed beams. Again, I'm not always a fan of them, but I think they are a great detail in this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment