Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Expensive Mascara: Worth It or Not?


When it comes to makeup, I have always been a fan of the high-low. As long as the product is good, I don't care about the brand or the price. EXAMPLE: I use $75 Clea du Pau concealer and then finish it off with L'Oreal True Match Powder that costs $12.99. 

Up until a few years ago, I always bought drugstore mascara (usually Maybelline) because the tube dries out so quickly and I end up buying a new one every 4-5 weeks. I kept reading about how great Dior mascara was (you have to be pretty good to have a mascara called Diorshow Iconic!), so in my quest to find a mascara that makes me look I have falsies on, I gave in and bought a tube for a little under $30, plus a mascara primer that the sales person at Sephora insisted I get because it was amazing and made such a difference.


Well, for once I headed a sales person's advice and bought the primer she suggested and was she ever right! The primer adds so much volume and thickness to your lashes and makes the mascara go on smoother. Another bonus: I find that when I use the primer my mascara comes off so much easier when I wash my face before bed. No more raccoon eyes or tugging on your lashes to remove the extra residue.


OK, back to the actual mascara. The Diorshow was so much better than any drugstore brand that I had used previously because I got the big, full almost false-like lashes without the hassle and sticky glue. I know for some people, $30 for a tube of mascara sounds crazy, but if you're all about playing up your eyes like I am, this is the mascara for you!


Just as an FYI, Dior makes five different mascaras, and I have tried the original Diorshow, Diorshow Iconic and Diorshow New Look. I find that the original Diorshow and New Look are great for every day and Iconic is perfect for glamming it up for a big night out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment