Thursday, July 11, 2013

Books on My Radar This Summer

With completing my graduate degree and starting a new job in public relations, I haven't had much time for leisurely reading. Now that it's mid-summer, things have slowed down a bit and I have more time off from work. I can't wait to settle into a lounge chair and enjoy a good book while I soak up the warm weather. These are the books currently on my reading list.  

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
A novel about the clashes between old and new moneyed Chinese families seems like the perfect gossipy beach read.


Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
I loved the first book and subsequent movie too much to not check this one out. 

Memoir from British aristocrat Pamela Hicks that details her childhood growing up in England and colonial India just before its Independence. 

A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
A novel taking place in 1930's coastal Rhode Island that details the relationship between a privileged woman from New York and the former fiancee that jilted her to marry her closest friend. 

What's on your summer reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment