Sunday, July 28, 2013

Brunch in Boston

Breakfast was always my favorite meal as a kid because nothing made me happier than waking up and finding my Mom downstairs in the kitchen making a double batch of grandmother's light and fluffy pancakes along with hash browns and bacon.

  I still love breakfast food, but as I have gotten older, and more sleep deprived,  my new favorite meal has become brunch. Why Brunch? Because with brunch you can sleep in until 10 a.m. and still have plenty of time to get up, throw on a cute and casual outfit and enjoy a yummy breakfast with your friends that can include champagne, french fries and oysters if you so desire.

In the interest of avoiding the never-ending blog post, I have left out my top out-of-town brunch spots and just included my faves here in Boston.

Clink at the Liberty Hotel
The service is lovely and the old jail setting is super fun. Their warm, mini croissants are some of the best I have ever had and you can't beat the make your own Bloody Mary bar the morning after a big night out.

This has been my family's go-to brunch spot for more than 10 years. The banana-stuffed french toast is worth the hour-plus wait for a table on weekends. If you want to avoid the long lines, switch to breakfast and arrive right when they open at 8 a.m.


Ball Square Cafe
Don't confuse this one with Sound Bites, the rival brunch spot right next door. Yes, this place is on the small side, but their menu isn't. Eight different variations on eggs benedict, anyone?

South End Buttery
The Buttery has the most amazing breakfast breads, muffins and scones and I would go there just to enjoy their bakery basket and a good cup of tea. If you would rather take food to-go, they have a bakery and market area at the front of the cafe for easy pick up.

Atlantic Fish
The Back Bay location can't be beat and is the perfect spot for those of us who want shrimp cocktail or a dozen oysters along with our eggs benedict and french toast. So many "brunch" places are more breakfast than lunch, but not Atlantic Fish. There is something for everyone on their menu.


So, who went out to brunch this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment