Friday, June 7, 2013

Room of the Week: Beige & Blue


Designed by Nancy Corzine

I was really drawn to this room because I found myself loving things that I am not usually a big fan of.
 When I think of long, sectional-like seating, I generally think of those tacky leather sectional sets that you see on TV(you know the ones that I am talking about!), but I love this blue sofa, especially the fabric. The fact that it's all one piece makes the room seem more homey and inviting to me, which I like for a seating area. No one wants to walk into a room and feel like they can't sit down.

The other thing that I'm loving is the fab chandelier! I love all chandeliers, but I usually don't like seeing them in the living room. Not the case this time! It's perfect for the size of the room and height of the ceiling. The shades on the chandelier also add to the homey feeling. If it was a giant crystal chandelier, this room would be a whole different story.

You can tell from the height of the windows and the ornate molding that this room is large and has a "grand" feeling to it, and I love how the furnishing bring the room down a bit to make it seem more cozy and inviting.

OK, I would love to get your thoughts on section sofas (since I usually don't like them, but do in this particular case). Do you think they are always a no-no or are they actually great pieces of furniture when done the right way?










Room Picture via The Enchanted Home

No comments:

Post a Comment