Saturday, June 22, 2013

Entree Salads that Satisfy

With the warm weather finally here (there is no such thing as spring in Boston!), the heavier meals that I usually crave are feeling too heavy for me. I've never been a person that eats salads as a meal, but I've been craving them constantly over the last few weeks. 

My only issue with the entree salads is that they usually don't keep me satisfied for very long. In a quest to avoid heading back to the kitchen two hours after lunch, I searched out some entree salads recipes that include a nice portion of protein.






If none of these are peaking your interest, you can always up the amount of protein in your favorite salad recipe by adding grilled chicken, fish or steak. For those who don't eat meat, a couple of hard boiled eggs also work great.

If you have a great entree salad recipe, I would love to hear about it. I'm not trying to go carb free, but I am hoping to lower my intake this summer by eating salads for lunch during the week. That is a lot of salads between now and September, so please feel free to share!








No comments:

Post a Comment