Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hey, Check This Out: Grafton Street


I've been on a bit of a Gilt spree the last few weeks, and last Wednesday I snagged a Gilt City voucher for dinner at Grafton Street in Harvard Square (Cambridge, MA for those of you that aren't Boston natives). Later on my best friend (since sixth grade!) Jamie called and asked about going out the next night, so I figured I would treat us to dinner at Grafton Street. 

Sometimes I feel weird using groupon-like deals at restaurants because some places seem kind of annoyed when you pull it out to use it. I think it's because some rude people forget to tip on the entire amount of the bill, rather than the discounted amount. Anyway, I just wanted to mention that the lovely people at Grafton Street could not have been nicer about my using a voucher. 

Jamie started off with the house cheese plate, while I enjoyed a crab cake with corn relish and a very tasty aioli. It was so good that I would have gladly had it as my entree if there had been two crab cakes.




There is a very distinct pattern to our dining habits. Jamie always branches out and tries new things, and I always order the same thing....chicken. I love it, and I am rarely disappointed with my meal when I order it. This time was no exception. The chicken was perfectly cooked and the cheesy polenta was delicious! That having been said, I most definitely need to make a bigger effort to choose something else when I go out to dinner. There are too many other great dishes out there to keep ordering chicken!


Feeling the need for an iron boost, Jamie had the grilled bavette steak, which she said was excellent. Being the smart girl that she is, Jamie didn't waste time eating the petite greens that came with the steak, because let's face it, why would you fill up on greens when there is medium-rare steak and mashed potatoes to eat?


Of course, no meal is complete without dessert. Jamie enjoyed a cappuccino while I tucked into a spiced molten chocolate cake. My love of chocolate is like my love for chicken: it rarely let's me down. I have a feeling that I won't be changing the chocolate habit anytime soon. Besides,  it's best to tackle these things one at a time. I'll branch out from chicken first, and then maybe think about making a switch to non-chocolate dessert. Baby steps, baby steps!


OK, back to Grafton Street. I really enjoyed my experience there and the staff was super friendly. Definitely going back soon, hopefully for brunch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment