Thursday, June 13, 2013

A Manly-Man Breakfast for Father's Day


Mother's Day is often celebrated with a nice brunch and for Father's Day it's popular to throw a BBQ. My Dad likes BBQ, but he LOVES breakfast, so my sisters and I are cooking up a big, hearty morning feast for him to enjoy when he gets home from his round of Sunday golf.

For a typical holiday breakfast or brunch my Mom plans a big, elaborate menu and gets all fancy, but my Dad isn't really into all that. He just wants lots of yummy food and lots of family. The family part is no problem seeing as the man has FIVE kids. Yes, that's right, I am one of five. My parent's were crazy, right? 

OK, now onto the food bit. My usual go-to brunch recipes aren't going to cut it for my Dad's manly-man breakfast, so I started pulling together some recipe ideas that are a bit heartier. OK, a lot heartier. 

Brown Sugar Bacon from Paula Deen

Corned Beef Hash Eggs Benedict by Spoon Fork Bacon

Hash Browns from Julia Child

Western Skillet Eggs from Food Network Magazine


Cornmeal Pancakes from The Pioneer Woman

So, do you think I have enough cholesterol on the menu? The poor man is going to need to up his Lipitor after this breakfast. My sisters and I usually keep a firm eye on Dad's diet (to keep him in top form!), but we'll indulge him on Father's Day. 

Is anyone else planning something special for Sunday?


No comments:

Post a Comment