Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolutions: Yes or No?


One of my least favorite things about New Years is all the talk about resolutions. It isn't that I don't think people should make them if they want to. I just hate all the pressure that comes with it. 

What is your resolution?

Have you kept up your gym schedule?

Any luck finding a boyfriend yet?

It can all be so awkward, especially when you are skipping your personal training appointments one week in and your older sister is harping on you about it.

Personally, I like to keep my resolutions to myself, that way, there is no need to explain anything to anyone and you don't have to discuss it if you don't want to. Other people like the support of others when trying to make a change. Do what is best for you.

Here are a few other tips that I have found helpful when trying to reach a goal or keep a resolution.

Break your resolution down into smaller, more manageable goals.

Avoid situations that may prevent your from keeping your resolution.

Take time each week to assess your progress.

Write your resolution down where you can see it every day.

If you need help to keep your resolution, ask for it. There is no shame in needing help!

 Whether you are making a resolution this year or not, I want to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year!



No comments:

Post a Comment