Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Holiday Decoration Storage

Sadly, the holiday season is coming to an end, and it's time to start packing up all of our holiday decorations. 

Why does it seem to take so much more time to package up and store them than it did to unpack and put out? I guess it's just more fun when you are setting them up because everyone is getting into the spirit of the holidays.

Oh well, if we must pack them away, we might as well do it right. Nothing is worse than digging through boxes in the attic to find a jumbled mess of lights and ornaments. 

I'm an organizing geek who loves the container store so I like to use specially designed containers for each type of decoration so everything is in it's proper place. I know that sounds OCD, but you won't think i'm crazy next December when it takes me exactly 2 minutes to bring out all my holiday stuff.

Here are some of my favorite holiday storage boxes.








*All Items are from The Container Store*

I use the hard storage boxes because they are the most durable. If a box is knocked over or kicked, the decorations are better protected than if they were in cardboard boxes.

I'll be the first to admit that the container store isn't the cheapest place in the world, so if you are on a budget, another alternative is to use up the boxes and tissue paper from this year's holiday gifts.



Use the tissue paper to wrap each ornament and then place in the gift boxes. This is a super way to store your decorations without spending any money. Just remember to label each box so you can easily find everything again next year.

Happy Packing!







No comments:

Post a Comment