Thursday, January 10, 2013

Choosing Flatware

I have to admit, I have always been a bit obsessed with sterling silver. I remember being over my grandmother's house as a child and she would set me up at the kitchen table with the silver cream to polish it. I just remember admiring the wooden box that it was stored in.

Not everyone likes sterling silver flatware, especially people who don't do much formal entertaining. For many people, they prefer stainless steel because it requires much less maintenance, and of course, it is much more affordable. Other options include bamboo, silverplate, horn and pewter.

Here are some of my favorite choices:




Towle Silversmiths Queen Elizabeth Sterling Flatware



There are so many places you can purchase quality flatware, no matter what your budget is. 

You can find sterling silver sets brand new at places like Bloomingdales, Michael C. Fina or Gracious Style. Vintage silver can be picked up at estate sales, flea markets or ,if your lucky, some great silver can be passed down to you from your mother or grandmother.

If you are looking to save on flatware, you can always look for deals at places like Home Goods, One Kings Lane or a company store like Waterford Wedgwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment