Friday, April 18, 2014

A Look at Splendid's First Handbag Collection

I discovered Splendid a while back on one of my many (many!) shopping trips to Anthropologie with my sisters, and I've been a fan of their amazing t-shirts and classic comfy staples ever since. 


Having cornered the upscale market on stylish, comfortable clothing for women and kids, Splendid has branched out and recently debuted their first-ever handbag collection. The 53-piece spring/summer collection is full of fun, warm-weather colors in a variety of styles, including clutches, totes, wrist-lets and bucket bags that are great for both work and play.

The collection is very much inspired by Spendid's Los Angeles roots and has a fun, laid back feel to it, which is perfect for the casual outfits that come with the warmer weather. The bags are made with a variety of materials including leather, linen and canvas, which I happen to believe is the perfect fabric for a beach bag! I can definitely see myself scooping up a couple of the leather and canvas clutches for nights out this summer. A lighter canvas tote may be on my list as well. My current work bag is more winter than summer and it's looking a bit beaten up at the moment. The prices are extremely reasonable considering the quality of the bags, with a range of $88 to $378. Not bad for a full-leather tote, right?

These are my favorite pieces from the collection:

Avalon Clutch

Puka Tote

Portofino Hobo

Locarno Cross-body/Clutch

Maldives Clutch

Catalina Tote

Some of the collection is available now on the Splendid website, and the entire collection will be in all Splendid boutiques on May 1. For all you Boston girls, there is a Splendid boutique at The Street in Chestnut Hill.


No comments:

Post a Comment