Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday Night Cocktail: Moscow Mule

Smirnoff Moscow Mule

Recipe and Image via Food Network

I was out at a fundraiser last weekend and my friend ordered a Moscow Mule and insisted I try it. I usually go for gin over vodka, but I gave it a try and it was fantastic! I may have to trade in my regular gin and ginger's for this one.

Makes one drink

Ingredients

1 .5 oz. vodka
3 oz. ginger beer
1 teaspoon(s) sugar syrup
0 .25 oz. lime juice
1 sprig(s) mint
1 slice(s) lime(s)

Directions

In a glass with ice, add the vodka, sugar syrup, and lime juice.

Top with ginger beer and stir.

Garnish with mint sprig and lime slice.

The traditional copper cup that holds the drink is nearly as popular as the drink itself. Interested in having one of your own? This one from Williams-Sonoma is a classic choice.


Copper Mugs, Set of 2

Another cup option is a the mint julep cup, which is a personal favorite of mine. The Boston restaurant Forum, where the fundraiser was held, served their Moscow Mule's in julep cups. This one from Crate & Barrel is an affordable option. 



Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment