Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Super Bowl Snacks & Sweets

I'm not going to lie, after my Patriots lost to the Broncos I wasn't in the mood to think about Super Bowl parties and game snacks. But it's been more than a week since my favorite team's season ended and the sting has begun to subside, so I figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Now I just want to clarify that, no, that doesn't mean I'll be rooting for the Broncos. But it does mean that I'm going to break out some fun, game-worthy recipes so that my friends and I can enjoy snacks and sweets while we (hopefully!) watch the Seahawks beat the Broncos. 

Snacks 

Coconut Crunch Chicken Strips with Creamy Honey-Mango Dipping Sauce from The Cozy Apron

You can't beat a high quality chicken finger with some yummy dipping sauce. Love the crunch that the coconut adds.

Jalapeno Popper Dip from Simply Gourmet

Traditional jalapeno poppers are a game time classic but this dip is so much easier than making and frying individual poppers. 

Homemade Soft  Pretzels from Alton Brown

I love a good soft pretzel with spicy mustard, but I have no clue how to make make the right shape. This little tutorial from Southern Living is simple and easy to follow. 

Bocadillo Bites from Spoon Fork Bacon

These bite-sized sandwiches are delicious but super easy to put together because you make one big sandwich and then just slice and serve. Way cheaper than a deli tray. 

Sweets

Chocolate Football Cupcakes from The Baker Chick

I love these adorable cupcakes because they aren't to elaborate for a novice cupcake decorator like myself. The key with these cupcakes is having the right frosting tips to create the football design.

Brownie Bites from Food & Wine

These brownie bites are great for two reasons: One, they are only two bites each so they're perfect for parties, and two, they are super dense and yummy and vegan, all at the same time. 

Salty Pretzel Vanilla Caramel Corn from Joy the Baker

This recipe goes above and beyond typical kettle corn and can be put together the night before the big game. 

Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts from Martha Stewart

I love blondies because they remind me of a moist cookie with a higher dough to add-in's ratio. Does that make sense? OK, it's like when you make chocolate chip cookies and you purposely put in less chocolate chips than the recipe calls for. If you need to go nut free, you can always add in something else like sweetened coconut flakes or butterscotch chips. 


OK, we've got sweets and we've got snacks. Now all we need is alcohol. Does anyone have any ideas for drinks besides beer?


No comments:

Post a Comment