Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Meals that Stick to the Ribs

Early January is usually about healthy eating and gym sessions (gotta get fit in 2014!), but the "Polar Vortex" gripping the majority of the country most definitely trumps any/all resolutions. I know when I got home tonight, and took off my three layers of clothing, the last thing I wanted was a crisp salad. 

When it's this cold, most people crave hot meals that stick to the ribs. It's suppose to warm up later this weekend here in Boston, but until then, these are the hot meals on my dinner wish list.

Smoky Minestrone with Tortellini from Food 52

Chicken and Dumplings from Real Simple

San Francisco Cioppino from A Spicy Perspective

Balthazar's French Onion Soup from Cupcakes and Cashmere

French Beef Stew with Red Wine from Katie at the Kitchen Door 

Cathy's Sherried Tomato Soup from The Pioneer Woman


Stay warm out there!!


No comments:

Post a Comment