Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Many Variations of the Chocolate Chip Cookie

First off, I am obsessed with cookies in general. As a kid I use to try to convince my Mom that warmed up chocolate chip cookies were a suitable breakfast. 

I am also a big tea drinker so love to pass a lazy afternoon with a magazine,  strong cup of earl grey and the latest batch of baked cookies.

I could write a million posts on cookie recipes, but for now I am just going to stick with an old stand by: chocolate chip. If you want to see more cookie recipes, I have tons of different ones on my Pinterest cookie board. Yes, that is correct, I have entire board dedicated to cookie recipes.

These are my all time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes:


The one change I make to this is I usually use more brown sugar then white sugar because it makes the cookie softer. The recipe calls for 3/4 of a cup of each and I usually do 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar.

Cowboy Cookies from Martha Stewart

The addition of pecans, oats and coconut make for a great cookie.

Chocolate Pecan Drop Cookies from Martha Stewart

A good chocolate chip cookie recipe with chopped pecans.


Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction

A nice addition of SNO-CAPS and white chocolate chips.

Chocolate Chip Shortbread from Food Gawker

I love shortbread, especially with tea, so this recipe is great!


I love the combo of peanut butter and chocolate chips. A major bonus is that it is gluten free.

Leave a comment below and share your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes. I'm always on the lookout for new ones to try!


No comments:

Post a Comment