Monday, February 11, 2013

Workplace Accessories

Last week I did a post about dressing for work. I wanted to follow that up with some great work accessories. The great thing about things like shoes, bags and jewelry is that they can help jazz up a more conservative look if you are one of those people that has to wear suits to work each day.


Everyone needs a bigger bag for work. It's great for paper work, a lap top, an extra pair of shoes, etc. I like the bright colors best because they stand out.


For me, a belt is less about function and more about style. A bold belt can give a plain outfit a quick punch and define the waist. I love them with a shirt dress for a more casual environment.


For work shoes, I usually try and stay away from the open toe. I love open toe but in a more conservative office, that kind of shoe really doesn't fly. You can't go wrong with a classic pointy or round toe pump. These styles go with everything. If you're short on cash, black and neutral will give you the most milage. Don't forget the flats for your commute. I still see women wearing socks and sneakers with their nylons and it drives me up the wall! There are plenty of options that are both stylish and comfortable. There is no excuse for sneakers. 


If you work in a more casual environment, you can push it a little further with the jewelry. The pieces I have hear are classics that all women can wear because they are so versatile. You can never go wrong with simple stud earrings and a nice watch. 

How do you guys feel about your work dress codes? Does anyone get casual Friday's?




No comments:

Post a Comment