Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day for the Single Girl

Valentine's Day is one of those holidays that can be pretty depressing for those of us who are single, and it's easy to see why.


 If you are one of those people, you have three options:

Ignore the whole day and act like there is no holiday to celebrate

Spend your whole day pissed off and upset

Treat yourself and someone you love (it can be anyone) to a small gift, nice dinner, or a sweet treat

When I have been single on February 14th, I like to choose the third option. My Mom is pretty laid back about celebrating Valentine's Day with my Dad. They both call it a "Hallmark Holiday." That doesn't seem to stop her from celebrating the day with all her daughters and grandchildren. She always sends out cards and usually gives us a little something like some nice chocolates or a cute pair of underwear. 

I take comfort in knowing that I always have a special Valentine in my Mom. It makes the holiday special, whether I am attached to someone or not.

Does anyone else do this?



No comments:

Post a Comment