Thursday, February 21, 2013

Easy Floral Arrangements

I have always loved flowers, but until recently, I never took the time to learn how to arrange them. It is so much less expensive to create your own arrangements for everyday and events like a dinner party or cocktail gathering.

I am actually thinking about taking a class here in Boston. They offer 1-day workshop classes at Twig and at the Rittners School of Floral Design. Many towns that offer adult education classes will feature a class on floral arrangements as well. If you are interested, it would be worth looking into.

I have been finding a lot of step-by-step floral arrangement pictures and articles on Pinterest as well. Here are some of the ones that I thought looked good.





I know that some people think that carnations are a cheap, filler flower and I generally agree, but I think they look very nice when they are placed close together to make a dome or ball shape.


I also wanted to share this great little flower cheat sheet


 Does anyone else arrange their own flowers and have any tips they want to share? I hope to make arranging  my own flowers a regular thing.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the pink and yellow combination!
    Nora
    www.penchantforpretty.com

    ReplyDelete