Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Hint of Spring

We still have a few more days of February and March in Boston can be very hit or miss, but, at my Mom's house this weekend I started to see signs of spring.


Daffodils have always been a favorite of my Mom's, and in the last couple of years, they have become a favorite of mine as well. They are super simple to arrange and they look beautiful once they bloom. The great things about them is the fact that they are one of the first spring flowers that become available. When you see the daffodils come out, you know spring is coming.


These daffodils are from Dublin and my Mom trimmed the stems and place them in one of her favorite "vases", a ceramic set of yellow rain boots.



Isn't it adorable? It goes so well with a casual spring flower like daffodils. She has had this vase for several years. I believe that she bought it from the garden shop at Wilson Farm in Lexington, Massachusetts. I have seen similar vases since then, but none of them have been as good in quality as the one my Mom has. I'm actually thinking about going back to the same shop and seeing if I can get one for myself.

So daffodils mean spring to me. What reminds you that spring is on its way?




No comments:

Post a Comment