Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Street Chic: Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba has been highly lauded within the celebrity media realm as being quite fashionable and her personal style often emulated. Despite this, I kept over looking Alba when it came to including her in a Street Chic post. Whenever I saw her pictured out and about I never really thought much of her clothes or overall look. That is, until I saw her during Fashion Week last month. I fell in love with the high waisted pink skirt and cropped sweater that she was wearing and all I could think was "If Audrey Hepburn were alive today, this is the outfit she would be wearing."


That one looked made me re-think my opinion of Alba's personal style and I am so glad it did. For a busy working mother she looks cool and pulled together all the time, but without looking as if she was trying to hard. It's laid back California girl with lot's of layering and a big dash of polish. I think what I enjoy most about Alba is the fact that her style can be easily replicated by normal women. It isn't hyped up or over styled. It's real clothes on a real person, and I think everyone can appreciate that kind of street style.


















No comments:

Post a Comment