Sunday, October 13, 2013

Homemade Halloween Candy

Halloween means three things: pumpkins, costumes and, of course, candy! As a little kid my siblings and I didn't waste time on flimsy, halloween-themed trick-or-treat bags. Just before heading out with my father we would run up to our rooms and rip the pillow cases off of our pillows and used them to collect all of our sugary loot. My mother was horrified but we insisted on taking them so that we wouldn't risk running out of room for more candy. We never filled them all the way of course, but that never stopped us from trying.

To this day I'm still a fan of classic Halloween candy like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Snickers bars, but my sweet tooth has expanded to include other yummy treats like salted caramel and English toffee. In celebration of all great candy I have compiled a list of the best homemade recipes that include both my old and new favorites, just in time for Halloween.

Homemade Snickers Bar via How Sweet It Is

Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Bars via The Kitchn

Homemade Kit Kat Bars via The Country Cook

Salted Chocolate Covered Caramels via Inspired Taste

Homemade Milky Way Bites via The Sassy One

Ghirardelli English Toffee via Pia Recipes

Peanut Butter Cups via Cupcakes and Kale Chips

Buttermilk Pralines via Southern Living

Almond Joy Bark from The Hungry Housewife


Enjoy the sweet treats!


No comments:

Post a Comment