Monday, January 5, 2015

New Fashionably Chic Feature: Save or Splurge

Save or Splurge 1


If you've read Fashionably Chic before, you know I feature a mix of high end designer clothes and accessories along with items from popular mid-priced brands like J. Crew and Madewell. I love designer clothes and luxury products just as much as the next girl but it's not always possible (or smart) to go 100% designer all the time. Who pays $200 or more for a plain white tank top that you can buy at Gap for $20? Crazy, right?

My personal style has always been a mix of high and low, so I try and reflect that here on FC, especially with my newest feature, Save or Splurge. A couple of times a month I will create an outfit two ways, one with high end designer clothes and the other with mid-priced ones. That way, you all can shop the items that best fit your budget.

Today's Save or Splurge look is perfect for winter with a classic black mini and chunky knit sweater paired with suede pumps, an oxblood bag (my favorite color of the season!) and a pair of simple gold knot earrings. Given the cold weather here in Boston, I'll be pairing this all with my favorite opaque tights from DNKY.

Leave me a comment below with any feedback on Save or Splurge or outfits that you would like to see featured next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment