Sunday, January 11, 2015

Beauty Review: 'Diorshow Maximizer' Lash Plumping Serum


I discovered Dior's lash plumping serum when I was on a quest to give my lashes more oomph without the hassle of falsies or a prescription from Latisse. Don't get me wrong, I love a set of falsies, but not for my everyday look. 

This serum goes on right before your mascara, and what a difference it makes. My eyelashes appeared much more full and extended then they do with just mascara. I also found that after applying the serum, my regular mascara went on much smoother and didn't smudge or flake. Another added bonus was that when I went to remove my eye makeup, it came off so much easier then usual. 

I have paired the Dior serum with $40 mascara from the department store and with the $11 ones from the drugstore, and this product works great with both of them. So if you're looking for a less expensive way to plump the lashes, pairing this with your drugstore mascara is a great way to go. 

According to Dior, the serum contains "a unique cell-conditioning complex made up of hydrolyzed soy proteins that promotes long-term lash growth, strength and vitality." I've been using this product for a while and I have found that my naked lashes look better than usual. You probably won't see as big a difference as you would with Latisse, but you also don't have the hefty price tag or side affects. 

For $28.50, the Dior lash plumping serum is a great buy and I highly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment