Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Beauty Review: Estée Lauder Double Wear Eye Pencil


I've been a long-time user of liquid eyeliner because of its durability but I find it to be a little too much for everyday makeup because it can't be smudged and blended into the lashes. Pencil eyeliner is much more user-friendly and can be toned down with a q-tip after application so I decided to add it back into my routine.

I literally haven't worn pencil eyeliner for ten years so I asked my makeup-loving best friend Jamie for a recommendation. She and I both have a mix of drugstore and department store makeup but she insisted that the cheaper pencil liners don't stay on all day. She recommended Estée Lauder's Double Wear  Eye Pencil so I headed over to my local Nordstrom to pick one up.

I ended up purchasing the liner in coffee and onyx tested one of the shades out yesterday. I applied the liner around 7:30am with my favorite MAC primer layered underneath. If you're going to smudge the liner after application, you've got to move fast because after a few second the liner sets and you'll need makeup remover to remove it.

Coffee

Onyx
According to Estée Lauder, the liner is suppose to stay put for 12 hours but mine didn't last quite that long. By 4pm, I saw a few smudges of liner further up on my lid and teensy bit on my lower lash line. I just used a tissue to remove the smudges and I was good to go until I removed my makeup later in the evening.

All in all, I liked the product. It is much easier to wear during the day than my liquid liner, and, although it didn't stay put for the whole 12 hours, it lasted a lot longer than most pencil liners. I'll definitely be keeping this in my makeup bag.

You can purchase the Estée Lauder Double Wear  Eye Pencil at most major department department stores, Sephora and at EsteeLauder.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment