Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Stylish Man: Trunk Club

Here at Chic | Sparkle I cover a little bit of everything. OK, I cover a LOT of fashion, but I also like to cover some of my other favorite topics like beauty, cooking, cocktails, and design. One topic that I rarely cover is men's fashion, but it's something that fascinates me for two reasons: (1) I'm a sucker for a well dressed man, and (2), my instinct for men's fashion isn't as keen as it is for women's fashion, so I'm naturally very curious about it. 

In my quest to learn more, I've decided to include some men's fashion posts, maybe two per month, under the headline The Stylish Man. First up is Trunk Club, a men's clothing service where stylists handpick high-end clothing for you based on your style preferences and ship it to your home.


This business model has been very successful in women's fashion with websites like Stitch Fix and Tog + Porter, but personal shopping websites are just as important, if not more so, for men because so many guys out there never buy clothes because they either hate shopping, don't have time for it, or need serious help in the style department. And that's where the team at Trunk Club come in. 

How It Works

New members sign up online and begin by choosing their current style level: clueless, confident or aficionado, and then choose looks that they would wear and brands where they shop. I tried this myself just to see what it was like, and I loved it. You complete the sign up with entering your clothing and shoe sizes to ensure that what's sent to you will actually fit.

Once you're signed up, you can start working with a personal stylist via phone, email, text or through the Trunk Club website or app to discuss your personal style needs. The company will then ship you a trunk full of items to try on right at home and you have ten days to decide what you want to keep. 

The Cost

The styling services are free of charge and you only pay for the items that you choose to purchase. Shipping is free both ways and a pre-paid shipping label is included with each trunk to make returns easier. What I think is great is the fact that Trunk Club isn't a monthly subscription service where you receive shipments whether you want them or not. You only receive trunks when you request them.

The prices at Trunk Club are similar to other high-end retailers. According to their website the price range for items are $170–$250 for denim, $100–$200 for casual shirts, and $100–$300 for sweaters.

The Brands

Trunk Club carries more than 50 brands of men's clothing and accessories including Barbour, John Varvatos and Gant. 


I don't know about you, but I think this service looks pretty damn good. Has anyone tried it themselves or know anyone that has? 

I know I'm suppose to keep the topic on men's fashion but it would be really great if Trunk Club expanded and decided to include women's clothing. Who else agrees with me? 


No comments:

Post a Comment