Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Different Day, Different Problem, Different Concealer

Just as one is always on the look out for the perfect shoe or the perfect bag, I'm always on the look out for the perfect concealer. The search has been going on for the past fifteen years with no end in sight. I don't wear very much face makeup and prefer to keep my daily routine to concealer where needed, followed by a quick swoop of pressed powder and my beloved Nars blush. My problem: I can't seem to find the "perfect" concealer because different days bring different problems, hence the need for a variety of concealers.

Right now my go-to concealer is a combination of Rimmel Match Perfection and L'Oreal True Match Concealer Crayon. The crayon is perfect for making pesky blemishes disappear (at least for a little while) and when I wake up with tired eyes I start with the crayon and follow with the Match Perfection.

Other Concealer Helpers

If those tired eyes are looking extra dark, Bobbi Brown's Corrector concealer in an orangie shade helpes to counteract the purple and blue undertone of dark circles. Just follow up with a concealer that matches your skin tone.

When your winter skin tone doesn't match up with your summer one, Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage allows you to customize the shade with two different concealers that you mix together.

If you love effect of YSL's Touche Eclat but not it's price tag, No7 Radiant Glow Concealer from Boots is a near perfect match for $11.99.

Concealer


Got a go-to concealer? Share the makeup wisdom and leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment