Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Making Bread Pudding

 

I had the most amazing bread pudding on Friday night at Gather in the near the Seaport and Fan Pier. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent so I highly recommend checking it out if you're nearby. OK, about the bread pudding. I had their pastry bread pudding for dessert and it was absolutely amazing! The portion size was big (perfect for two) and it came with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream. I apologize for not taking a photo to show you. It looked so good that my sisters and I dug into it before I could capture it on my phone.


I loved it so much that it got me thinking about making my own bread pudding sometime. If you think about it, a big pan of bread pudding is a great dessert for a group because it's easy to keep warm and serve as soon as you're ready. It also kind of reminds me of overnight french toast (I made this on Mother's Day for a family brunch) in the sense that it's super easy to put together and perfect for a large group because you can easily make two pans.

You would think that bread pudding on Friday and french toast on Sunday would fill my bread and sweet quota for a while but my stomach thinks otherwise. These are some of the bread pudding recipes that I am thinking about trying.

Croissant Bread Pudding from Ina Garten (photo above)

Rum Raisin Bread Pudding from Patrick and Gina Neely

Chocolate Bread Pudding from Epicurious

No comments:

Post a Comment