Friday, May 2, 2014

Get More Milage Out of Your Maxi Dress

I was out at a networking event last night put on by the lovely ladies at Boston Bloggers and I was chatting with a fellow blogger that had a fantastic spring outfit on. It was a printed maxi "skirt" paired with a classic button down that was knotted at the waist. When I went to compliment the "skirt" she told me that it was actually a maxi dress with a shirt over it. Love it!

I must be living on some other fashion planet because it never occurred to me to get more wear out of my maxi dresses by adding a top to make it appear to be a skirt instead. That's like 10 new spring/summer looks for me! Bonus: No need to shell out for a maxi skirt this season.

I have plenty of max dresses and button downs in my closet but there's no harm in looking at some fun options, right?

Maxi dress 3

Clockwise from the Left
Stripe Maxi Dress from Sperry Top-Sider // Green Knit Maxi Dress from TopShop
Fitted Tank Print Dress from Mara Hoffman // Trapeze Maxi Dress from Bella Luxx


Clockwise from the Left 
Mint Top from Topshop // Linen Button Down from Banana Republic
Pink Stripe Shirt from Bonobos // Chambray Shirt from Gap


No comments:

Post a Comment