Monday, December 2, 2013

Homemade Chocolate Frozen Yogurt


A couple of months back I came across a recipe for chocolate frozen yogurt that has two ingredients: plain greek yogurt and cocoa powder. Well, I tried it over the weekend, and it turns out that just yogurt and cocoa powder isn't sweet enough for sugar addicts like me. I doctored the recipe a bit and it actually turned out pretty good. 

Makes three servings

Ingredients

2 individual containers of Fage 2% plain yogurt
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder)
1 teaspoon of powdered sugar
1 cup of milk chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli milk chocolate morsels)

Directions

In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, cocoa powder and powdered sugar.

Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave until smooth. I like to heat the chocolate in  30 second increments to avoid burning the chocolate. 

Add the melted milk chocolate to the yogurt and stir until completely incorporated.

Take a piece of waxed paper and press it into the bowl of yogurt before covering with plastic wrap. 

Freeze for at least four hours. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment