Monday, May 25, 2015

If It's Not Moving, Monogram It?

Actress Reese Witherspoon once said, "If it's not moving, monogram it." I agree with that statement but only up to a point. When Witherspoon said that she monograms everything, I'm pretty sure she was talking about her silver and fine linens, not plastic drink cups and koozies.

I have always liked monograms but not on everything. When someone walks into your home, they shouldn't immediately be able to spot ten monogrammed items in your living room. The same goes for your clothing and accessories. No need to break out the monogrammed hat, top, tote and matching plastic cup all in the same day. Actually, ditch the monogrammed plastic cup all together. 

But enough about what I don't like. Let's get into the monograms that I do like. Below are some of my favorite monogramed items for both home and fashion. 



If you're unsure of what your monogram should be, Mark & Graham have a great guide that details traditional monogramming etiquette.

I'm interested to know your thoughts on monograms. Would you monogram everything you own if given the chance or do you save the family monogram for just a few special items?

No comments:

Post a Comment