Monday, September 14, 2015

September Wish List

September Wish List

Jeans // White Coat // Faux Leather Skirt // Acne Clear Dots
Origins Mask // Booties // Green Tank // Watch // Earrings
Necklace // Blazer // A Paris Apartment // Root Boost

September is finally here and it's time to break out the fall fashion! OK, that's not totally true, it's going to be close to 80 degrees in Boston this week, not exactly crisp, autumn weather. But I'm holding out hope for some cooler temperatures next week, hence the fall fashion included in my September wish list.

I've got plenty of skinny jeans and a few pairs of flares (is anyone else excited that the flared jean is back?) but there are no boyfriend jeans to speak of in my closet. This pair from Rag & Bone is on the slimmer side, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm bound to stain this cream knit coat from Maje but I just couldn't not share this one. It's so comfy and cozy but still polished and put together. 

You know what my major issue is with leather skirts and dresses? Stretching! It fits in the beginning but becomes more roomy as you wear it, which isn't a good look when sporting a slim pencil skirt. This faux leather skirt from Topshop won't stretch and it's much more budget-friendly.

We all rely on salicylic acid to treat the occasional pimple but it's incredibly drying on the skin. I love the idea of these acne treatment dots from Peter Thomas Roth. You get concentrated pimple treatment and avoid drying out the areas around the blemish. 

Speaking of blemishes, I love a good mud mask to help clear out clogged pores. I've purchased Glam Glow's Supermud Clearing treatment many times and loved it, but I am curious to try this Charcoal Mask from Origins. It also helps clean the pores, for almost 50 dollars less than Glam Glow. Let's see if it lives up to its four star Sephora rating.

I think I've pinned 20 pairs of beige booties to my Pinterest closet wish list, yet I still haven't pulled the trigger. These booties from Splendid might be the perfect heel and shaft height for me.

When I buy clothes that are green they are either a bright kelly green or a jewel tone, but I am crazy about this olive colored tank.

I own one watch, a classic gold one from Michael Kors that I wear like a bracelet. If you couldn't tell, I treat watches like a decorative accessory, rather than a tool to tell time. Despite that, this other Michael Kors watch with a leather strap caught my eye. I'm not sure that it every went "out of style" but the classic black leather strap watch is everywhere right now. It will also pair nicely with this necklace from BaubleBar and these simple double ball studs from Shopbop

The next several weeks are sort of a weird in between time when it's too cool to go out in a sleeveless top but too warm to throw on a jacket. I love this wool blazer from J. Crew and it's perfect to keep you warm on a cool morning.

Last month I gave up my parking spot in the city and starting taking the train to work. The walk to the station is great exercise and I save a ton of money on gas and parking. Another added bonus: My commute gives me time to read. I read and edit work all day at work and write this blog at night, so I rarely have time to read for pleasure. I'm averaging a book a week on train and A Paris Apartment is next on my list.

What's on your September wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment